Create a profile on CareerGig to apply for this and other available gigs.
We are creative and strategy agency actively looking for a strategic thinker and advisor for our clients — leading mission-driven organizations through successful website design and development projects that have an impact. Our clients need a strategist who takes a proactive approach to develop solutions for needs that may not yet be identified. The ideal candidate will be an expert who can understand a prospect or client’s challenges and goals and develop the approach, solution, and planning for an innovative website. The ideal candidate will play an integral role in leading clients through website discovery, strategy, and development, answering their questions and problem-solving with a united client-agency team. As a member of our team, we are looking for a creative thinker and someone who can drive innovation and direction for our award winning digital work. You need to be inspired to continuously improve our process and increase efficiencies.
- Lead on gathering client requirements to author reports for research findings, website strategies, and solution recommendations, to present and review with clients
- Position requires being on-site at downtown Silver Spring office
- Understand and translate clients’ business objectives and needs into innovative digital solutions and systems
- Define a pathway forward/solution using the best integrated tools, CMS, etc. for all client websites and interactive challenges.
- Create audience/user profiles, journeys, and requirements
- Create and improve information architectures and taxonomies
- Collaborate across teams and share information on client/audiences needs to support their work
- Manage, deploy, and design technical solutions in a client-facing role
- Create wireframes and prototypes (low fidelity) based on best practices and UX recommendations
- Facilitate usability testing and interpret results
- Manage and initiate responsibilities for internal team and partner or outsourced developers, based on abilities and project development needs
- Assist in estimating scope, process, and timelines and guiding prospective and current clients
- Stay up-to-date on latest trends, understanding and overcoming the challenges of evolving technologies
- 5+ years experience in website content strategy
- Experience aligning websites with digital marketing strategy
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and timelines
- Expert on WordPress and other leading CMS’
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with UX research methodologies, including heuristics, user journeys/empathy mapping, card sorting, usability testing, etc.
- Experience creating information architecture, taxonomies, and content migration and management plans
- Proven ability to analyze research and make data-driven UX recommendations
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager a plus
- Understanding of best practices in web and mobile design, as well as W3C and Section 508/WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite tools
**The ideal candidate will be located in the MD/Baltimore area, but we are open to considering candidates throughout the east coast**
Health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, and more is available
Eligible CareerGig freelancers get access to affordable guaranteed-issue health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as other benefits such as retirement and more.
What's more, CareerGig contributes a portion of our fees towards your benefits. You can learn more about CareerGig benefits here.
To apply for this position, please do the following:
Create an account on CareerGig (it’s free and takes 2 minutes)
Search for this position by searching for “Website Management” in the skills search at the top of your dashboard