Create a profile on CareerGig to apply for this and other available gigs.
Financial Engineer Intern, PnL Control Location: New York About the team: PnL Control team is primarily responsible for valuation of all the assets on firms’ book. Assets include interest rate derivatives, FX derivatives, Equity & Equity derivatives, Private Equity investments etc. The team heavily collaborates with front office teams and back office teams.
- Solid understanding of asset and derivative valuation models especially in the areas of interest rate swaps, swaptions, FX options, FX exotic options, Commodity
Futures and Options, and Credit derivatives. Understanding of Hybrids is a plus.
- Liaise with front office, risk management, quantitative and development teams about pricing, valuation and modeling. Prior experience in working in any of those roles is a plus.
- Strong communication skills - Ability to explain Valuation and P&L in both mathematical and layman terms.
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to resolve issues independently
- Advanced Excel skills including VBA
- Prior exposure Robot Process automation is a plus. Must be willing to learn.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language like Python, C#, Java etc.
- Experience with financial analytic packages such as Numerix, FinCad, DLIB etc.
- SQL – Comfortable with writing queries, must be willing to learn advanced features
- Experience with Market data available on Bloomberg, Reuters platforms; API knowledge
- 3-5 years prior experience working in any of the following areas: Valuation, Risk, Quant development, Macro trading, Portfolio Management
- Master’s degree in financial engineering or mathematical finance
- CFA and/or FRM certifications or progress towards those certifications is a plus
Health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, and more is available
Eligible CareerGig freelancers get access to affordable guaranteed-issue health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as other benefits such as retirement and more.
What's more, CareerGig contributes a portion of our fees towards your benefits. You can learn more about CareerGig benefits here.
To apply, please do the following:
Register for CareerGig and provide us your honest opinion. We thrive on transparency and radical candor here at CareerGig. Tell us how you would improve the CareerGig experience.
Apply for this opportunity by signing up through the CareerGig platform and applying there. Search for "Financial Engineer" and you'll see the position. It’s free to join the CareerGig Platform - click here.
CareerGig (Digics, Inc.) is an equal opportunity employer.