Create a profile on CareerGig to apply for this and other available gigs.
- Analyze, plan, design, configure, secure, maintain, diagnose, and upgrade local infrastructure as well as mission critical specialized servers and support software installed thereon.
- Analyze, design, secure, diagnose, and maintain LANs in assigned territory. Manage switches and network equipment, monitoring and identifying trends on the network infrastructures and anticipate future demands, thus ensuring optimum service levels. Provide back-up support to other territories. Leverage enterprise management software to efficiently monitor and troubleshoot large fleets of network equipment including: UPS, WiFi, hypervisor layer, layer 2 & 3 switching, fiber optics, servers, and end-user devices.
- Instruct, support, and train building technical staff in their assigned support tasks. Build a working relationship that maximizes and complements individual abilities while achieving or exceeding service needs. Assists in capacity planning and determines network and server needs for schools in each territory. Configures and defines shared system resources.
- Implement and administer security technology, configurations, procedures, and best practices which protect school networks, server, cloud access, and computer resources.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure correct and accurate completion of projects.
- Create complete master images and software loads that can be used by all staff, and particularly building technical staff, to deploy to desktop, and laptops. Support profile, application, and image management of District mobile devices.
- Manage Network tools, remote tools, Lan Desk Management Suite, ESXi hosts, and other enterprise based tools that assist teachers and staff with educational activities, business processes, and application use.
- Coordinate the technical assignments of college aides, temporary staff, building technical staff, internal team members and external partners. Mentor staff members, college aides, building technical staff, and temporary staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience working as a System Administrator in an enterprise technical environment
- Must have at least 6 years of experience working in a large networking environment including installation, implementation and management of network servers and Microsoft Server OS.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience of troubleshooting on Windows, Macintosh, and Chrome OS systems.
- Must have Microsoft certifications in areas of network infrastructure.
- Must have experience in maintaining a wide area network utilising firewalls and router.
- Must have experience working with information and data security
- Must have experience handling personally identifiable information (PII) and have strong customer service skills
Health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, and more is available
Eligible CareerGig freelancers get access to affordable guaranteed-issue health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as other benefits such as retirement and more.
What's more, CareerGig contributes a portion of our fees towards your benefits. You can learn more about CareerGig benefits here.
To apply for this position, please do the following:
Create an account on CareerGig (it’s free and takes 2 minutes)
Search for this position by searching for “Systems Integration” in the skills search at the top of your dashboard