Create a profile on CareerGig to apply for this and other available gigs.
Our team is actively seeking an experienced Java Developer who will be responsible for providing maintenance programming support in Java which will include performing fixes and enhancements to existing UI components and back end software. As the lead Java Developer, you will support front end GUI development as well as backend development. We'll look to you for assistance in preparing and reviewing technical documentation and management of software releases. Our ideal candidate will partner well with the UI staff, project managers, the Senior Solution Architect, and other members of the project team. If you are a talented Java Developer and a team player, this gig is for you!
Role and Key Responsibilities:
- Support system and enhancement/new capability testing
- Manage configuration and releases, implement software fixes, review and resolve state technical integration issues
- Partner closely with colleagues, managers, stakeholders, and vendors in order to achieve success
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years experience in Java software development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical area is required - Master's degree preferred
- Proven experience with:
- Java, JSF, and SPring
- Apache Tomcat
- Maven, Intellij, and Git/or SVN
- Webservice experience CXF and/or Spring Boot REST
- Preferred Experience Includes:
- Experience working in Linux Environment
- AWS Cloud
- LDAP, Open AM, Open DJ
JOB DETAILS: This position is 100% remote. Anticipated 6 month contract. All candidates are required to be authorized to work in the US.
Health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, and more is available
Eligible CareerGig freelancers get access to affordable guaranteed-issue health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as other benefits such as retirement and more.
What's more, CareerGig contributes a portion of our fees towards your benefits. You can learn more about CareerGig benefits here.
To apply for this position, please do the following:
Create an account on CareerGig (it’s free and takes 2 minutes)
Search for this position by searching for “Java” in the skills search at the top of your dashboard