Create a profile on CareerGig to apply for this and other available gigs.
As a growing consulting company that works specifically with government contractors, we provide quality services to our clients in the following areas: HR, recruiting, contracts, accounting, and strategic pricing. We are currently seeking an experienced 1099 contractor to be our Contract Specialist in a remote capacity.
- Provide pre and post award administration of a variety of contracts, including CPAF, FFP, FPAF, T&M, LH, IDIQ, BPA and BOAs, etc.
- Perform external customer liaison activities to include attendance at customer meetings, correspondence both verbal and written with customer personnel, and leading meetings with internal and external customers
- Provide government contractual domain expertise in implementation, execution and administration for both competitive type contracts as well as sole source and directed Prime and subcontract customer awards
- Review complex solicitations and prepares routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications for both products and services
- Develop and works with management and clients to create and process notification letters involving scope changes, limitation of cost and funds, operational issues, and requests for assistance
- Provide contractual guidance to business team members to review, draft, or interpret appropriate Statement of Work
- Acts as advisor regarding customer contract requirements, and government/federal regulations; manage the process for updating contract information in the contracts database ensuring all data is current and complete
- Must have prior consulting/1099 experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 6-8 years of related experience in contract administration.
- Minimum 5 cumulative years’ experience with GovCon, FAR, DFAR, SBA, GSA, etc.
- Excellent use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Strong internal and external negotiation and analytical skills.
- Good presentation, communication and team-building skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strong experience working with spreadsheets.
Health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, and more is available
Eligible CareerGig freelancers get access to affordable guaranteed-issue health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as other benefits such as retirement and more.
What's more, CareerGig contributes a portion of our fees towards your benefits. You can learn more about CareerGig benefits here.
To apply for this position, please do the following:
- Create an account on CareerGig (it’s free and takes 2 minutes)
- Search for this position by searching for “contracts specialist” in the skills search at the top of your dashboard