Once you’ve downloaded the app, you need to create your profile — it is the first thing people will see when they search you! Creating a profile helps those in your trusted network recognize you, so it’s pretty important. Here are the steps to successfully create a profile to launch yourself onto the Moonlighting platform:
- Open the Moonlighting app
- On the home screen, select the Menu button (3 white bars) in the upper left hand corner
- Select My Profile
- Select Edit in the top right hand corner.
- Input your correct contact information. This ensures that people are able to contact you according to preferences (e-mail vs. text message) that you set up. People will not have access to your information unless they are legitimately interested in your services or in applying for your job.
- Add a photo. If you signed up through Facebook, it will have imported a picture for you, but you can always change the picture to better suit your needs by clicking on it and uploading or taking a different photo.
- Enter skills/jobs you can do, or if you’re hiring, skills/jobs you are looking for. Make sure to be as specific as possible, and enter in keywords that will help people search for you.
- In “Tell the world how amazing you are”, you should include a more comprehensive bio – tell people a little about yourself and your objectives!
- Select Done in the upper right hand corner.
That’s it! If you ever need to update anything in your profile, just repeat the first two steps and edit whatever parts of your profile you need to.