At Moonlighting, security is of paramount importance. In order to ensure the highest means of protection for participating users, we partnered with Braintree, a division of Paypal. Braintree employs measures that go above and beyond industry security standards and guidelines.
- All financial information is encrypted and transferred using SSL to ensure protection.
- There are multiple encryption keys stored and separate severs needed to make use of it. This means that if there is any theft of information from our database, it would be completely unusable.
- Passwords are never stored in our database.
- All cardholder data is inaccessible via the internet.
- Our vendor networks have minimal access to outside network.
- All of these methods work together to provide users with a safe, secure, and worry free marketplace!
While we protect your information in the Moonlighting App, there are several ways you can protect your information outside of the app.
- The safest way to conduct financial transactions is to stick to trusted and known Wi-Fi sources; the risk is very low on Public Networks but they are often less secure.
- Pick a strong password for your account that cannot be easily guessed based on your birthday and other personal details.
- We will never ask you for your password! Report any E-mails that do!
- Require a pin for your mobile device and lock it when it’s not in use. A good aid for doing this is making sure you have your screen timeout after a period of inactivity. This will protect your details in case of theft.
- Use these tips, common sense and your information will be safe and sound!
Still have questions? Send us an e-mail at [email protected]